Tuesday 27 October 2009

Forgiveness



Recently for, for some reason every where i turn the topic of forgiveness seems to be coming up....like a wally i think i have actually figured it out.
My job entails me working directly with the directors/ owners of a large multi million pound company.....however they run the company like a little shop which can be find incredibly frustrating, my direct boss doesn't get things done and regularly changes his mind on vital issues so i regularly feel like i am working for an idiot!!!!! he is a nice guy but!!
anyway i digress slightly( this is going somewhere...Honest!!)

I realised that the problem lies with me, rather than getting frustrated at the boss i need to learn to deal with the problems and issues in a calm way.
If i remember to love my neighbour as myself then i am not going to think he is an idiot but offer the best i can give regardless!, and if he changes his mind then i just need to deal with it and get on with it.
Going to work in "the world" is a challenge and people do not always do things in the correct manner. working with a forgiving manner is not always easy, especially when you are in a position of responsibility, at times you can feel battered from all directions, for me it can be directors,colleagues, workers or even suppliers. for others it could be from many other areas, but to enter prepared with a forgiving attitude is a good start.

We should remember that the issues we face at work were nothing compared to the issues Jesus had to face, he went to work every day knowing that in the end it was going to cost him his life. through out his life the authorities were constantly looking for ways to trip him up and how did he deal with it, he offered them hope and above all forgiveness.

Now my problems are nothing compared to the issues which Jesus faced yet he still said
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


**** I wrote this post on Tuesday night!! went to church on Wednesday night and guess what the word was.....yep you guessed it.....Forgivness!!****


0 comments: