Sunday 11 October 2009

Chris Sligh -Running Back to You (2008)

Chris Sligh

Running Back to you

Released 2008

This is the first Solo Album from one of the finalist from American Idol 2007…. (I think!)

From the opening note one has to wonder why Chris didn’t get further in the competition he has a soulful voice and you can feel every word he sings is from the heart.

I actually love this album which surprises me slightly as it was an impulse buy, the song writing is superb and the melodies memorable!! Which is what I like.

I like to be able to sing along to a tune whilst driving and this album provides plenty of opportunity.

I also am constantly on the look of for songs which could be good ministry songs, whilst this album isn’t packed with this there is one or two – Vessel being a great example.

The stand out song for me is the melodic “Empty me” the lyrics speak to the heart and I am sure that this is a prayer many of us have made over the years.

Chris sets the tone for the album from the very first song (Arise). If you listen to the lyrics he appears to battle with the same issues that bother most of us, which certainly come across in the writing. I found myself asking questions and trying to answer some of the ones Chris raises and asking myself questions.

I hope that Chris continue to release records such as this and can only see the next being better!!

If you like your Christian rock more harmonic and melodious then this is the record for you.

This is a fabulous album and I recommend it





PLEASE NOTE: these are my personal views on the record!

0 comments: