Saturday 2 October 2010

Builder block


The other day I was assisting a great friend in clearing his house after builders had been in doing a little - Rather a lot really - Bit of work on his house.
I went expecting to help tidy up and help them be able to move back in fairly soon, However when I arrived it was a real mess!!!!. The job the builders had done was a good job but they had left so much mess behind after them it was unreal!! - I would not have been impressed!!

Any way this got me thinking about people and relationships I have had and I found my self asking a simple question

Have I built something up only to leave a the mess for someone else to clean up?

We all try to bring people to God but can quite often get it wrong we can attempt to go it alone and bring them to God in our own strength. IF we are doing it in our own strength more often than not it will result in failure and we may create a mess that someone in the future is going to have to sort out!! But if we rely 100% on God he will do it.
God has a history of showing up at just the right moment... not always in our timing but always perfectly in his.

I can think of several people almost immediately and you know what I am going to pray for each of them (I don't know where they are now....in more ways than 1!)and hope that God does something with each of them.

0 comments: