Monday 25 October 2010

Becoming Like Children

Matt 18:3
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"



(old photo!)

Anyone who knows me knows how proud I am of my children.
Well I have to be honest and say I am more than just "proud"

We (my wife and I) have done and are doing our best to bring our children up to believe in Christ and to never be afraid of their beliefs. Well so far so good!! in the midst of all our struggles, problems and issues with our faith are my 2 angels! they have no fear , no issues and proclaim the Good news to all who listen, they may be only children but we could learn so much more from them

On Friday Night we went to A Christian Concert (LZ7 ) they had a ball!! but the best for me was yet to come.

On Saturday Morning there was a knock at the door and one of my Eldest child's friends came to the door my eldest immediately started telling them about the concert but also went on to tell them about the songs,that all the songs were about Jesus and how cool it was that she went to a concert all about Jesus!!

Me lying in bed thought WOW! how amazing is it that she can just come out and say it yet me a 36 year old man struggle to even mention it to my non Christian friends.
I am incredibly lucky to be working for a Christian Charity now but for years i have worked elsewhere...........I have I left a lasting impression of a Christian in their midst or something else, my guess would have to be something else.

But i know my eldest has left a lasting impression on not just the person from Saturday but from other friends too. she is so proud to be a Christian and has such faith in Jesus that it puts me to shame.
There is so much yet that I have to learn and I couldn't go much further than looking at home!!



Matt 18:3
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven"

3 comments:

Michael said...

Kid's are awesome like that. Ethan is constantly stretching me.

bring the rain said...

Hi Michael.

Kids are indeed Awesome. some time they can say the most innocent thing which can have a massive impact!

Sarah said...

Little scraps! Love them so much.

You'll be pleased to know that Squidge has filled the kitchen with autumn leaves, moss and twigs and is insisting we eat at the table because she's going to make it really pretty! :)