Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween

****NOTE - These are MY personal views and No offence is intended!!****

Recently I have read a lot of post's relating to the celebration of Halloween. Some totally dismissing the event others suggesting alternatives.
The question I have had to ask myself when reading these posts is "Would Jesus associate himself with the celebrating of Halloween?" in its current form I would have to say No there is no way that he would do that, I don’t even believe that he would celebrate an alternative.
Halloween celebrations are a personal choice and it does give Christians a chance to share their faith with people who they would not normally associate with, however how many of those who you have shared your faith with on this night have come to believe?
The other issue I have with Halloween is that for 364 days of the year we tell our children not to talk to strangers yet on one day per year we encourage them to knock on the doors of strangers or the doors who we share only a casual good morning too but don’t really know. To me it seems just a little daft....

Once again i think that this is totally a personal choice and would never condem anyone for chosing to celebrate Halloween.

0 comments: