Monday 16 November 2009

Christian management


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
Colossians 3:23



I had this whole big blog planned out and almost ready on this subject, but just never felt comfortable with it, and I think I now know the reason why.
There is no difference between a Christian manager or a Christian labourer to think that because i am a manager that there was a difference was pompous!!

When we go out into the world we all face the same challenges and problems, even those employed in the serving Christ face the same problems.
These problem are nothing compared with the trials Jesus had to face. Jesus went about his job daily knowing that in the end it was going to cost him his life. His actions were questioned, those who followed him questioned his actions,  The authorities of the time where just waiting for him to slip up, he faced trial and tribulation.
Sounds familiar.....well if it does just remember the first part..... Jesus knew he was going to die when his job was finished. So how did Jesus carry on.
I think ( and i may be wrong!) that Jesus was in constant contact with his Father and that he would never do or say anything which would not honour him.
So if we approach our daily tasks in them same manner or even close to the same manner, everything we do will be ok!, it will bring glory to the father - as long as we don't take the credit, and we give thanks!

"Commit your work to the LORD, and then your plans will succeed"
Proverbs 16:3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah so that's the scripture you were looking for! :) Good post hubster.

Linette Crelly said...

Thanks Brother! For reminding me of who I am working for! I am an unpaid CEO of a growing Christian Outreach Center in Springville, NY-
Fellowship Hill Ministries- I was researching Christian Manager to help build up our staff, volunteers, and board members...and came across your encouraging words! I really needed them right now!

bring the rain said...

Yes Wife it was indeed.

Linette - Congratulations on being the first person to comment on my blog!! Glad that you found these encouraging and hope they helped. I daily have to remind myself who I work for.