Tuesday 29 December 2009

A Bee in my bonnet.


I love Christmas TV but this year I have been wound up by the adverts.
Every time I switch on the TV there is a least 1 advert that is asking me to sponsor an animal of some kind - A dolphin, a panda, a dog and the list goes on and on!!!!
First off if these charities / agencies spent the money they spent on advertising on the cause then I wouldn't have to sponsor an animal and secondly (most importantly) when did we become a world which cares more about animals than about people the number of ads asking for money for humane charities appears to have decreased.

Now don't get me wrong I am not anti Animal but I am pro Human.
Look around and you will see plenty of place where the money can go.....a lot closer to home.
there's the homeless, Children, poor families, Sick and the elderly.
If i was to make a new years resoloution it would be go give more of my time to Humane issues.

Is it a surprise that humane issues continue to rise when at the same time we are being asked to give our money to look after animals......somethings not right.

Again I am NOT anti animal campaigns I would just like to see us looking out for each other more.

 I love this song and it says it all!!!

United States of America
Looks like another silent night
As we're sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children
And while we're lying in the dark
There's a shout heard 'cross the eastern sky
For the Bridegroom has returned
And has carried His bride away in the night.


Casting Crowns - While you were sleeping

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a test done in the 70s a dog was chained to a fence in London and left and a camera recorded people's reactions. It wasn't long before there was quite a crowd of concerned peeps. Same test done but this time a young child was chained to the fence. No-one did or said a thing.