Saturday 3 April 2010

Good Friday


I love Easter but not (until now) a big fan of Good Friday.
Growing up as a child I found Good Friday depressing and a bit morose , that carried through to adulthood until now.
On Thursday I went to bed praying that this would not be that case, that God would reveal something new to me about Good Friday.

Now I know some are probably going to think .. but your a Christian. But I could not understand why it was so depressing.
As Christians we know that Jesus died to save us and that Good Friday was a means to an end and that on Sunday we will be celebrating the fact that Jesus rose again.
But we know this already so, still why so depressing?.

Well....

There is a whole world out there that does not know what Jesus did for them. For them Easter is a time to give gifts of chocolate etc, and no thought is given to the real meaning. I have even been watching the media this year and no mention of the real meaning has been made yet

The world needs to know that Jesus Died on the cross for them took on their sins and suffered. All so they would not have to suffer. Then on the third day He rose again and that victory was won ONCE and FOR ALL.

From now I will look at Good Friday differently, possibly with a touch of sadness and maybe with a touch of guilt but only because of those who do not know and because of opportunities missed but also with gladness and excitement for I know My redeemer lives and for opportunities still to come.

Hope you all have a great Easter



Matthew 28

1At dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

2There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

8So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy

0 comments: