Sunday 18 April 2010

Bumper Sticker.


For week's now I have had a sticker in the pocket of my car. Yep its a religious one and says " JESUS IS LORD" ,but it has stayed where it is for the last few weeks.
Why?

Bumper stickers and other outward signs are great but ultimately count for nothing when the heart is not right, and I know right now my heart is not right, I know that I am not doing everything that God wants me to do and a times I even want to rebel and run away!

God doesn't ask us to put our faith on display in our cars he asks us to live the life, the same life that Jesus lived. He doesn't ask us to put our faith on display in our cars he asks us to give our lives to him for his purposes.




That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”- Romans 10:9-10

4 comments:

Michael said...

That is a brutally honest post. Wow! Seriously such a gut check. He does not care about the outside, but the inside.

bring the rain said...

Thanks Michael.

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Came by way of Michael's blog. I too agree with the honesty of this post. I also refuse to put any type of sticker/symbol on my car. First, I think it looks tacky :) but also I know that I am not always the best example of a "Christian driver" (whatever that is). Bumper sticker faith is not what He wants. Good thoughts.

bring the rain said...

Thank-you Bill. Honesty is always best. I'm not always the best example of a Christian Driver either!!. Just ask My Wife!