Thursday 14 January 2010

Make a difference!


Today my journey to work took alot longer than normal, why? because of a 30 yr old woman on a motorway bridge who wanted to jump. This of course saddened me when I found out as during this period I was getting frustrated stuck in traffic!.

But it got me to thinking about the state of our world.
Whilst many of us are going about our daily lives of to work then off to church and carrying on like normal, there are thousands of people who are struggling just to get through each day who are really in need and don't know where to turn. How bad must things have been to want to jump from a motorway bridge.

Where does the blame lie? the blame has to lie firmly at the feet of the church, God called us to go to ALL men so who do we go to? who have you shared a little of the gospel with today? who's life could you have saved? What sacrifice have you made? personally today I cant remember sharing any thing spiritual with anyone outside my church - I cant remember yesterday or the day before either!

The church (in general!!) spends so much time trying to make sure that they have something for every one, Many churches are even run like a business even though attendances are falling, trying to cover their cracks with pretty decoration's that they are forgetting the real purposes. I do realise that there are many out there who are working for Gods purposes and are doing a fantastic Job, but until the church starts to show Jesus, how many more are going to want to take that jump? How many more are we going to lose.All the while we bicker about doctrine and rule and regulations, concentrating on things other than our mission the world is turning and people are suffering.

I may be naive but I truly believe that if we as Christians spent more time concentrating on the task given and less time looking at our differences finances, steeples, or whatever! then we could really make a difference and less people would fell like they suffer alone.
We can make a difference there is evidence to show........Just look at Jesus. He came to earth with a specific God given Mission and carried it out perfectly and look at the difference he made!!

"As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

0 comments: